Are you looking for an innovative agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. as an Accountant!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network is a well-funded, dynamic, and innovative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Mission: Perform general ledger accounting duties by applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate internal control procedures.
- Perform month-end close procedures for main operating entities, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and analysis of results.
- Maintain and reconcile various Balance Sheet Accounts as required.
- Responsible for accounting for Prepaid Expenses, Intangible Assets, Deferred Rent, Fixed Assets and various accrued expenses.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Help establish and maintain policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 1 year in Big 4.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.