At FBN, we’re tackling a variety of important challenges facing our society today at the intersection of agriculture and technology. Our approach is to use technology to empower individual farmers to make better decisions using the aggregated intelligence and data of all farmers that join our network. Building this system is both challenging and exciting. Agriculture combines complex biological, mechanical, meteorological, chemical, and economic systems
Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network is funded by an elite class of investors, including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
As FBN’s Design Manager, you will be responsible for the overall design of our products and for building and leading our design team. You must have a passion for designing elegant solutions to complex problems, and equally a passion for investing in people and growing your team.
- Build the design organization by attracting and hiring talented designers
- Support the growth and success of your team members via mentoring and design guidance
- Use excellent design to move the needle on FBN products and our ability to improve the lives of our customers
- Build a culture in which designers are able to thrive and create their best work
- Establish and lead the execution of end-to-end design processes
- Partner closely with peers in product, engineering, and data science to define and execute new products and features.
- As a player-coach, design beautiful, clear interfaces for our web, iOS and Android apps.
- 2+ years of experience serving as a lead or management capacity for a design team
- 8+ years of experience working in either a UX or product design role
- A player-coach mentality. You will be responsible for leading the team as well as rolling up your sleeves to work on your own designs.
- Interest and willingness to participate in farm visits in the midwest to better engage with and understand our farmer members. No prior experience in agriculture is needed.