Farmers Business Network (FBNSM) is a rapidly growing data and commerce platform for farmers. FBN brings data science, machine learning, and peer-to-peer networking to agriculture. We’re creating the fastest-growing network of farmers in America, who in turn have already built the largest geospatial farm dataset - nine million acres worth (and still growing). The data have proved to be incredibly potent and farmers have asked for other ways FBN can be an independent and unbiased business partner to their farms.
FBN works by gathering disparate data directly from its farmer members, then analyzes the data and converts it into insights and perspectives that can help farmers make better decisions, manage risk and ultimately increase the profitability of their farming operations. FBN uses this information to empower farmers by creating network and data driven commerce opportunities for farmers that save them money on inputs, capital and marketing.
This position is responsible for applying knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to implement and maintain various aspects of master data and pricing. Focus areas include loading all vendor, regulatory and item attributes into multiple systems. Perform regulatory and item auditing and updating functions to ensure data accuracy, integrity and consistency. Facilitate communications between departments - spanning sales to supply chain to engineering to legal.
- Enter & maintain vendor, regulatory and item attributes
- Manages several document control functions: issuance of parts numbers, uploading item specifications, and maintaining proper documentation in Netsuite and other systems
- Create and manage bills of materials
- Apply timely supplier & regulatory updates to ensure a smooth customer purchasing experience
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders
- Process multiple sourcing documents (manually & systematically) for any or all areas of Master Data (price, material, vendor)
- Achieve data accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, manage day to day activities and use time effectively
- Perform system audits (compare system against source document) to verify all master data and pricing components are in sync
- Identify possible streamline capabilities in all areas of master data inputs (regulatory, price, material, vendor or customer)
- Maintain and improve policies, processes and SOPs
- Work with other functional teams to maintain current and accurate information (item deactivation, change to an item attribute, etc.)
- Work with multiple systems (i.e., NetSuite, Arena, Excel, Google Sheets).
- Participate on project teams as required
- Perform root cause analysis and develop corrective action plans
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 1-2 years of master data, document control, pricing, accounting, regulatory or related industry experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Likes to “get things done” and has high job satisfaction getting work accomplished.
- General understanding of accounting terms and concepts.
- General understanding of supply chain terms and concepts.
- Self starter and team player.
- Results driven, self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- General understanding of NetSuite and/or other ERP systems.
- Strong experience with spreadsheets and advanced formulas.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Analytic and research abilities and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with NetSuite and Arena software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Logistics or relevant work experience.