What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
- Track contracts security interests and search legal entities for liens against grower crops using CSC.
- Monitor FBN CM, LLC UPS mailbox for direct notices, settlements and payments.
- Settle purchase & sales contracts and record all Specialty Crop data.
- Generate provisional and final settlement or purchase and sales contracts.
- Collect, file, and reconcile settlement sheets, scale tickets, and grade certificates and freight invoices for commodity and specialty crop trades.
- Identify and/or resolve payment or settlement discrepancies with growers and grain buyers.
- Assist merchandisers with contract stage including delivery status, pricing status and payment status.
- Partner with finance to help resolve payment and invoicing questions.
- Partner with accounting to ensure payment has been received by grower and proper companies have been invoiced for all grain sales.
- Capable of settling purchase contracts to add capacity when needed.
- Organize and track pulse crop contracts using excel based contract management system.
- Liaise with grain origination partners. Including but not limited to performing their settlements and handling our invoice guidance with accounting.
- Use USDA guidelines to make fair assessments of grain qualities based off grading certificates.
- Lead training for part-time resources to support settlement processes during peak delivery period. (ex. Contract Creation, Logistics, Settlement Creation, Accounting Assistance)
- Track and compile checkoff data on a state by state basis and assist legal in making reports for monthly and quarterly obligations.
- Schedule truckload freight to haul grain for specific contracts.
- Collect necessary paperwork to setup freight companies with FBN.
- Work with Legal team to pull required documents for state level audits.
- Record PCSC combinations, freight expense and hedge P/L to generate revenue recognition.
- Monitor AR balances at all delivery locations.
- Communication and Risk Awareness - Ability to understand, to communicate end to end lifecycle of trade/cost and to escalate risks and controls clearly and concisely
- Numeracy and Attention to Detail - Able to learn trading concepts quickly and maintain a strong focus on control and accuracy for timely and sensitive costs settlements
- Organizational Skills and Resilience - Ability to multi-task and handle pressure in fast-paced and highly intense environment
- Initiative - High level of self-motivation and ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks; proactive attitude to learning and sharing the team's workload
- Desire to work in a team - Assisting others, switching tasks and cross training.
- Desire to learn new business, systems and processes
- Ownership/Guardianship - Ability to take responsibility for tasks and issues and see them through to resolution.
- Good understanding of the trade lifecycle
- Experience in the finance industry is an advantage
- Additional language skills are an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to learn and work with Commodities booking systems such as EKA
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.