What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmers Business Network, Inc.(FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First®. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are seeking individuals who want to make a difference in the agricultural community through an exciting, data-driven, advisory approach to crop insurance. This position is suited for those dissatisfied with the status quo in the industry. If you’re a driven sales person, team player, passionate to help farmers, and looking for the most exciting opportunity in crop insurance at one of agriculture’s fastest growing companies, we want to hear from you.
- Act as an expert advisor on crop insurance
- Seek out pain points and provide recommendations for areas of improvement in coverage
- Deliver insurance analyses to farmers using FBN’s tools, balancing budgetary constraints and risk tolerance
- Manage the acreage and production reporting process and facilitate claim submissions
- Maintain subject matter mastery of public and private insurance products
- Succinctly communicate the value FBN products and services to the farmer
- Coordinate and collaborate with FBN Account Executives, Farm Market Advisors, and inside sales team members to provide a white glove service offering across FBN’s domains
- Participate in FBN events, regional trade shows and member engagement activities
- Provide feedback and insight to FBN Product Management
- Maintain operational reports on pipeline activity and sales efforts
- Ability to learn quickly and implement a wide variety of software tools
- Strong listener and works well with people
- Highly professional with unquestionable integrity and moral character
- Proven success working remotely, but in a team environment
- Attention to detail and biased towards organization
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse organization and client base
- Ability to prioritize, be flexible, respond to changing environments
- Ability to understand and appreciate economic principles
- Service oriented and self motivated
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience as a successful crop insurance sales agent
- Knowledge of crop insurance programs and information, grain marketing, finance and macroeconomics
- Possess insurance license and Risk Management Agency (RMA) certification as a crop insurance agent
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to understand and communicate risk management strategies to clients/prospects
- Farming/Agriculture knowledge required
- Self-motivated and goal-driven
- Strong local network
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation includes a competitive base and aggressive performance incentive. Compensation for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmers Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.