What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.(FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are looking for talented, multi-skilled leaders who can fit into our fast-paced company culture. We are a passionate, collaborative team of farmer-focused individuals who wake up every day emulating the farmer ethos of honesty, integrity, commitment and hard work.
The individual assigned to this position will aggressively and strategically work to identify and recruit and train new AE’s into the FBN culture and then ensure that each AE is trained and supported to a successful career as an FBN employee. As an FBN Regional Manager, you will manage designated Account Executive’s in a predetermined territory and market area to meet and exceed corporate and Regional plans.
In addition, the individual assigned to this position will work with AE’s who in turn work with FBN farmers to help them procure critical crop inputs. Regional Managers plan and quota will be derived from analytics and data and will be administered to RM”s who will then work with the VP of Sales to allocate proper data driven quotas to AE’s.
Finally, the FBN Regional Manager is critical to the commercialization process for new products and services being launched on a regular basis.
The FBN Regional Manager will be responsible for the Regional team growing the FBN farmer member base and maintaining high grower satisfaction resulting in 80% retention with FBN. They will also direct and lead a seamless and highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high grower sanctification with FBN from post-harvest conversations all the way to pre-season delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Leading and managing the Region to meet corporate establish target for member growth and retention, and revenue targets for FBN Direct.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and coaching new AE’s into their role
- Product demonstrations and presentations directly to farmers via team field rides.
- Leading and directing the team to meet certain non-revenue generating tasks like data collection.
- Directing the use of Salesforce as FBN’s customer relationship management tool to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Plan and conduct meetings to train FBN members on the use of the system and best practices needed to ensure data quality.
- Lead and direct Regional team meetings
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve the product and demonstrate to farmers that FBN listens.
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Leading, managing and directing the team to achieve organic growth of membership/acres, through cold calling direct, reach-out, and attending farm shows
- travel will be required to spend the appropriate time in the field training the Field AE’s
- Actively attend and participate in meetings with Management to help guides plans and resources.
- Supporting communication and corroboration with the inside sales team to provide a positive customer experience.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 5 years of management experience as a district, regional or territory manager overseeing a team that is selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
- Background in Agronomy including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, accountable team structure.
- A farmer focus and a commitment to farmer satisfaction.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or advanced degree or Diploma
- At least 5 years sales management experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas of teams selling directly to farmers.
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.