What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
The Corporate Litigator will be responsible for litigation and dispute resolution matters and will provide a broad range of business advisory and counseling including relating to employment, privacy and antitrust matters. This position will be reporting to the General Counsel. Candidate must be both business-savvy as well as fluent in handling litigation matters.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Strategic and day-to-day management of litigation matters
- Developing and executing the litigation strategy
- Independently managing all discovery efforts, and establishing company policies and procedures
- Developing briefs, oral arguments and trial and arbitration strategies, and generally providing overall guidance and direction to outside counsel
- Lead dispute negotiations for various business teams from a legal perspective
- Draft, negotiate and advise on IP indemnification clauses and other IP provisions
- Manage IP indemnification requests
- Assisting with efficiency and other improvements within the department
- Providing business counseling, including employment, privacy, antitrust
- Managing litigation costs, including outside counsel fees and discovery expenses
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited institution and a license to practice law in at least one of the following states: CA, SD, IL
- 5+ years experience as a full-time litigator
- Competency in litigation skills, preferably across a range of subject matters, including commercial, debt collection, employment and antitrust
- Stellar oral and written advocacy skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex settlement agreements
- Excellent team and project leadership skills
- Demonstrated personal courtroom and/or arbitration success, including participation in jury selection and trial strategy
- Ability to travel out-of-state and potentially internationally (estimated 15-30% of time) depending on the locations and status of the matters assigned
- Ability to function and manage independently, but also work well in an environment that requires working with others to be successful
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.