Are you looking for an innovative agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmers Business Network, Inc!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The JuniorMerchandiser, Specialty Crops will be responsible for building and growing the buy and sell side of the FBN Crop Marketing business for wheat, canola, pulse crops, dry beans, and specialty grains. This individual will report to the Head of Crop Merchandising and will be responsible for contracting, business development, transportation and logistics, trade execution, risk management, and customer service. Additional responsibilities will include the development of new product and service offerings, cultivation of strategic partnerships, and implementation of operational processes and systems. This individual must be both a hands-on, detail-oriented operator as well as a highly entrepreneurial builder and strategic thinker.
They will need to be strongly proficient at tackling a broad set of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Buy and sell grains, oilseeds, and specialty crops using available market data, market knowledge and expertise to attain the most cost effective and profitable results.
- Development and management of existing and prospective farmer and end user accounts
- Discovery of market knowledge and insight through continuous communication with farmers, transportation and logistics providers, brokers, and end users
- Development and implementation of risk management strategies based on analysis of profitability, risk appetite, market trends, account history
- Facilitation and scheduling logistics for timely product delivery using barge, rail, and truck transportation modes
- Cultivation of physical supply chain partnerships to facilitate trade execution
- Building of specialty crop management systems and processes
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 2-4 years experience trading and merchandising grain, oilseeds, pulse crops, dry beans, and specialty grains with significant profit and loss responsibility
- Domain expertise, experience, and existing networks of growers, operators, and end users in the northern markets
- Experience building up a trading a merchandising desk to serve the needs of a rapidly growing business or business line
- Track record of being an innovator and unconventional thinker in designing crop merchandising and risk management processes
- Entrepreneur at heart. Willing interested and excited to build a company within the company.
- Strong background in the use of software and other technologies to run a highly efficient crop merchandising and risk management business with detailed financial and operational visibility (metrics-driven)
- Highly analytical
- Experience with implementing safety and compliance protocols
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.