What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
We’re growing and reinventing, taking on what farmers tell us will help them farm more independently. If you’re a mission-driven personality, want to be a part of a disruptive brand, and love being a team-player, we’re looking for you! As a Content Writer/Editor, you’ll be joining a team of content and marketing professionals who support the core initiatives that keep FBN growing and reaching more and more farms in North America. You’ll be supporting the Marketing Manager for Content and Media in developing stories to educate and inform farmers about the FBN brand mission, as well as encourage adoption of products/services and highlight benefits of membership by helping the organization to reach farmers with these stories.
We’re looking for a writer by training and an editor by trade to help create engaging, smart and practical original content for farmers. You’ll research topics, identify sources and develop interesting articles, stories, reports, and other written content that persuades farmers to read and share. You’ll manage the day-to-day editorial and copy standards for written content, so you should be a sharp editor, a creative yet tech-savvy writer, and be good at juggling drafts and deadlines as well as manage multiple detail-oriented content calendars. If you’re creative, dedicated, adaptable and excited about sharing technical stories that are interesting and practical to farmers, then you’ll fit right in.
You’ll support the company through researching, writing, editing and publishing content that delivers on three core marketing initiatives (New Member Acquisition, Customer Success and New Product Adoption), and by helping to play a key role in the organization’s storytelling efforts to/for farmers, which includes:
- Foremost, writing copy that is creative and persuasive; telling stories that sparkle, stand out and deliver
- Researching, writing and developing story angles, outlines and drafts; working across teams to identify stories, topics, themes and angles that empower farmers
- Talking to and interviewing farmers and farming subject matter experts
- Educating farmers on key issues, interests, challenges, practices, products or services
- Editing all types of written content and providing editorial guidance and feedback to subject matter experts and contributors
- Helping to build and manage a team of contributing writers, experts, voices and perspectives; reviewing and evaluating their submissions and stories
- Collaborating with multimedia content team to tell stories that are multi-channel, in-sync and on-brand; experience with script writing a plus!
- Collaborating with marketing teammates to write for and improve SEO to grow readership
- Maintaining consistent editorial style and tone across multiple channels
- Maintaining content calendars, planning for future stories, and driving timely production schedules
- Ensuring technical topics are both accurate and easy to read and digest
- Efficiently and effectively routing stories and copy for internal and external reviewers and approvals
- Supporting the distribution and shareability of written content via multiple platforms and channels
- Scheduling and publishing content, including supporting story imagery or multimedia
- 5+ years experience in a writing/editing role; proven work as a writer, blogger, reporter, journalist, PR professional or content writer, with strong writing samples to boot
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, ag journalism/communications or English
- Proven experience writing various forms, formats, types and lengths of copy, stories, articles, etc.
- A punchy, skilled writer with superb copy editing mastery
- A creative and persuasive storyteller and writer with scientific curiosities
- Experience and passion for farming and agriculture
- Background and experience with AP Style a plus
- Experience in a lead editorial or managing editor role a plus
- Strong understanding of farming industry trends, current industry events and online media to attract new readers, add more contributors and develop more engaging stories
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Adobe Photoshop basics
- Digitally savvy, including content management systems (CMS) and various site platforms; experience using HubSpot and CMS tools a plus
- Outstanding collaborative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment
- Strong time and project management skills with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.