What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Prepare relevant schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits; work closely with external auditors.
- Review contracts ensuring accurate revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to other departments on matters that impact the financial aspects of the company.
- Prepare journal entries and related account reconciliations for revenue and deferred revenue accounts and investigate and provide insightful details on fluctuations and variances.
- Partner with FP&A to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Review contractual arrangements and provide guidance to sales, product and other cross functional teams while ensuring accurate revenue recognition treatment.
- Participate as member of ASC 606 implementation team and ASC 842 including assisting in drafting technical revenue accounting memos.
- Define, establish and implement accounting systems, processes and procedures, ensuring the Company can operationally support business agreements.
- Partner with FP&A team on bookings, billings and revenue calculations and analysis.
- Identify opportunities and implement programs to automate revenue recognition processes.
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years accounting experience, preferably a minimum of 2 years in public accounting.
- CPA, CPA eligible or working towards a CPA (strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles and ASC 606.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite) is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and adhere to deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills); strong interpersonal skills including flexibility and dependability; ability to maintain confidentiality
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.