Location: San Carlos, CA
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.(FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
The Director of Financial Compliance will oversee the IPO readiness from a process and controls perspective. You will oversee the global SOX compliance with provisions of Section 404 of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX). You will manage all aspects of processes and controls across multiple regions and functional areas, including, but not limited to: defining SOX scope, facilitating documentation updates, owning the Risk and Control Matrix, executing a global communication plan / training, monitoring testing progress and delivering status reports to management and the SOX Steering Committee.
- Leads the design and development of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) through continuous interaction with Business Process Owners (BPO) ensuring that updated process flows are maintained
- Present results to the CFO and/or Audit Committee and provide advice on process improvement, as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads the identification of financial reporting risks, identification of key controls based on respective risks and control objectives, including IT General Controls (ITGC).
- Owns the preparation and execution of the Annual SOX Compliance Plan and the evaluation of control deficiencies, working with management to strengthen controls
- Leads the continuous improvement of the ICFR process to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) by maintaining an understanding of SEC guidance, SOX legislation, COSO, COBIT, PCAOB standards and REIT requirements
- Incorporates new external requirements into the Company's compliance program
- Advises on process improvements, new system implementations and other strategic initiatives regarding impact on ICFR
- Leads the evaluation of risks associated with M&A and their integration impacting ICFR
- Oversees SDLC and project life cycle audits for projects impacting ICFR
- Leads the development and conduct of compliance trainings
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including external auditors
- 10+ years experience preferred
- Bachelor's or Master's degree required
- CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent certification preferred
- Ability to interpret complex regulations and strong familiarity with issues of compliance for state and federal regulations (CFPB, FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve, California Department of Business Oversight)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.