What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
This role will lead the effort to develop, position, and market an industry leading portfolio for FBN’s canola and pulse crops that will create improved profit for farmers.
- Develop and implement business plans for canola and pulse products, market segments, and manage the day-to-day operational business under direction from the Head of Seed.
- Develop market introduction plans for new product launches with a focus on market development and implementation of positioning, messaging, and value proposition.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight in the execution of advertising, promotions, sponsorships, special events, collateral marketing, and other promotional activities with an overall objective of conveying a unified and distinctive leadership presence in the marketplace.
- Identify and manage relationships with breeders and collaborators to develop new products that will be marketed by FBN in alignment with product concepts detailing mid- and long-term strategies for assigned products
- Monitor, record, and report events occurring in assigned markets, including collecting and recording of marketplace intelligence related to competitors, their products, and marketing programs; trends, threats, and market opportunities; customer expectations; and any other events/activities potentially affecting opportunities for FBN to successfully implement business plans.
- Manage assigned product(s) short- and long-term supply, forecasting, and profitability by coordinating a balance between short-term operating results and long-term market share development.
- Coordinate with other key internal and external groups to ensure product-related plans are implemented.
- Strive to consistently motivate the FBN sales force and channel partners by keeping them informed about products, product performance, and our go-to-market strategy.
- Participate in the development and implementation of industry insights and messages that are impactful for the FBN organization in working with our customers to identify market and sales opportunities for FBN products.
- Other activities as necessary in the start-up environment of FBN to deliver on the financial objectives for the assigned products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agronomy, or a related field; advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 10 years of marketing and technical support experience.
- Business acumen and ability to strategically analyze global reaching factors and summarize into concise, creative plans to reach financial goals.
- Able and willing to travel up to 60%, primarily domestically.
- Demonstrated ability to be further developed with FBN, to include relocation
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the agri-business industry.
- Broader experience across industry segments including understanding of the seed and crop protection markets.