What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American and Canadian farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
We are excited to add a Human Resource Coordinator to our growing HR team. A successful candidate will be hard-working, highly ethical, and able to think and act both strategically and independently. This position operates in a fast-paced environment and must be able to support FBN team members through effective communication and a solution focused approach.
This is a people-facing role where timely and accurate communications with employees is a must. Your role interfaces with employees beginning at offer extension and through all subsequent stages thereafter. You are joining a growing team and you will have the opportunity to help build programs and processes from the ground up.
The human resource coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Complete various onboarding and offboarding processing tasks.
- Assist with coordination of the FBN vehicle fleet program.
- Maintain certifications/licensure and ensure employee personnel files and records are up to date.
- Assist employees with various questions (benefits, policies, etc.)
- Complete forms I-9, verify I-9 documentation in E-Verify and maintain I-9 files.
- Assist with new-employee background checks and MVR checks.
- Conduct audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assist with processing of terminations.
- Assist with recruitment and interview process as needed.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested.
- Create and send offer letters as needed.
- Create and send the FBN weekly newsletter
- Make photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Maintain file documents in appropriate employee files.
- Assist or prepare correspondence as requested.
- Serve as a resource and advisor for management and employees by building professional relationships and supporting FBN’s values and culture.
- Maintain compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations and consistency with standard operating procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field required.
- 1-3 years of relevant HR experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize while working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.