What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.(FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
If you are interested in using your expertise in ag finance to create and grow a new business – this is the role for you. You will join our rapidly expanding finance business to drive all stages of the credit lifecycle including: origination, underwriting decisions and policies, pricing, servicing, risk monitoring, and collections. You will be critical to growing FBN’s lending business and ensuring farmer members have access to credit. It is a unique opportunity to help create and grow a new business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry.
The right person for this role is a builder, who is comfortable with ambiguity (and adversity, at times). We need someone with an entrepreneurial mind, who is able to organize ideas into a successful model - then execute! This person will have the ability manage projects across different teams and influence stakeholders, while effectively partnering across multiple business functions.
- Strategy & product development:
- Work to develop FBN Finance strategy
- Assist in developing new and innovative lending products for FBN members
- Partner with FBN functions (e.g. product & engineering, marketing, sales, legal, finance operations, and accounting) to successfully launch FBN Finance’s new products
- Underwriting, risk, and pricing:
- Develop, refine, and drive internal alignment on underwriting and credit risk policies and procedures
- Drive execution of underwriting and risk management policies and procedures including loan review and approvals and ongoing loan portfolio monitoring
- Partner with data science team to build and improve risk and underwriting models
- Present and serve on FBN’s Credit Committee for loan approval
- Develop risk-based pricing model
- Sales & origination:
- Work with sales team to develop sales strategy
- Work with sales manager to drive sales
- Assist in developing marketing led sources of origination
- HR & recruiting: Assist in building the FBN Finance team
- BS/BA. An advanced degree in a quantitative field is a plus
- 10+ years working in agricultural lending and risk with increasing levels of responsibility
- Significant knowledge of agricultural lending – everything from risk management to operations to sales and relationship management
- Experience developing lending products for farming operations – from low risk, well capitalized farmers to high-risk operations
- Deep knowledge of agricultural risk and underwriting
- Experience and expertise in developing risk-based pricing models and knowledge of agricultural lending pricing
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- A commitment to the highest ethical standards
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
- Experience working in a high-growth start-up
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position may be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.