Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
Are you looking for an innovative agriculture company with tremendous career growth potential? Join Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. as an Account Manager!
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
The Account Manager position is an inside account management position focused on facilitating FBN Direct sales, crop marketing sales, and membership renewal sales. This position requires a self-starter who can independently prioritize a sales/execution process involving multiple business objectives and many products across several product lines. A sales background with an advanced grasp of Ag chemicals, fertilizers, seed, specialty crops, and/or data products is an absolute must. As an FBN Account Manager, you will be required to:
- Accept primary quota responsibility for at least one of the following sales metrics for your assigned territory: FBN Direct or Crop Marketing (specialty / commodity)
- Collaborate with a cross-functional territory team to achieve team sales goals on all remaining FBN product lines, including membership renewal sales and overall customer attachment to FBN commercial business lines
- Independently prioritize your day-to-day execution of the sales and post-sale execution process involving the hundreds of chemical, fertilizer, and seed products available on FBN Direct, and/or the dozens of seed and crop marketing programs offered
- Build, foster, and manage relationships with hundreds of FBN member farmers in your assigned territory - deeply engage these member farmers with all that FBN has to offer
- Manage the FBN member onboarding process for all new member farmers in your assigned territory, while providing them with an outstanding experience
- Operate as the only assigned Account Manager covering a multi-state territory, and self-study to become an expert on the unique usage of FBN Direct, seed, and/or crop marketing products in this distinct geography
- Manage hundreds of open sales orders and deliveries at the same time; prioritize your daily efforts to meet the unique business goals that exist in your geographically distinct territory
- Fluently understand and communicate information about chemical, fertilizer, seed, and specialty crop products. Educate farmers about active ingredients and concentrations, chemical equivalents, and generic products
- Generate price/shipping quotes for multiple products and book sales in amounts that can surpass $100,000 per order
- Manage deliveries, substitutions, and exchanges; proactively identify solutions to problems that may arise
- Execute a Farmers First℠ sales process: facilitate farmer trust by assisting farmers in purchasing the right products and quantities for their operation
- Independently collaborate with Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives on a daily basis at an account level to provide the best farmer experience
- Independently qualify leads for sales of multiple product lines, prioritize your sales pipeline, and conduct research on industry and regional market characteristics
- Develop your own sales playbook for overcoming objections, discussing chemicals and fertilizer, and demonstrating services via 1-on-1 screenshare demos with farmers
- Place outbound calls to farmers to learn about their operations and identify ways that our products and/or services provide benefits, and achieve productivity expectations
- Demonstrate continued expertise on our market-leading and proprietary agronomic data product
- Demonstrate continued proficiency in communicating our diverse set of service offerings including FBN Finance, FBN Crop Marketing, and the FBN Marketplace.
- Identify individual benefits for each farmer and tailor the sales approach to their needs
- Use Salesforce, NetSuite, and other SaaS tools to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers
- Proactively provide and seek peer feedback to improve individual and team performance
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional sales experience, in an Ag sales role, with top tier sales results
- Fluency in Ag chemical, fertilizer, and/or seed products, to include analyzing active ingredients and concentrations
- Strong agronomy background and experience
- Graduate with an Agronomic, Sales, or Marketing-related bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided, independent work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
- Willingness to travel 10%+ of time