Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.(FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
Commodity Grain - Farm Marketing Advisor
Location: Sioux Falls, SD. Field positions may be considered.
This person will join our rapidly growing crop marketing business as part of the effort to expand the Farm Marketing Advisory program and related service offerings of FBN BR LLC, which includes marketing intelligence, advisory, brokerage, origination and cross country trading. This is a unique opportunity to become a critical part of a high-value business line at one of the fastest growing companies in the Ag industry. Responsibilities include:
- Own the farmer relationship providing personalized marketing advice and support using our centralized market intelligence, recommendations, contracts and services
- Proactively work to uncover the clients marketing challenges and goals, and develop a marketing plan that aligns to these criteria as well as identified marketing best practices
- Stay current on the latest market information in order to provide clients with market context to aid in their decision making
- Communicate all centrally created marketing recommendations to the clients, ensuring those recommendations are personalized to specific farm operations
- Provide information on the broad set of marketing tools available to the client through FBN and recommend strategies to employ during different market conditions and times of the year
- Work effectively in a team environment among traders, settlement, logistics and other support staff and help enable effective communication across the entire team
- Build and maintain reports that track positions, show performance and communicate results
- Review and prepare operational documentation including various reports for internal and external use
Required characteristics/qualifications include:
- BS/BA required
- Possess or able to obtain Series 3/30 licenses
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and risk management practices
- Solid grasp of grain futures and options markets as well as associated OTC derivative products like hedge-to-arrive contracts
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Highly independent, goal-oriented and creative
- Comfortable using technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, this is not a 9-5 job
- Willingness to travel 20%+ of time
Preferred characteristics/qualifications include:
- 3+ years working in a similar grain consulting or advisory role
- On-farm sales experience
- Experience in cash grain markets or grain merchandizing
- Existing relationships with end-buyers
- Familiarity with analyst groups and hedge funds within the commodities sector
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We offer a base salary, company equity, plus an incentive bonus compensation plan. Full details will be shared with candidates during the interview process. Furthermore, we also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Relocation reimbursement to Sioux Falls, SD
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.