Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
- Perform a leading role in the development of durability loads, correlation, analysis, and results reporting.
- Build state-of-the-art FE models using BETA CAE ANSA and other simulation software.
- Perform finite element analysis for component, system, and full vehicle durability load cases.
- Develop strategies to achieve durability attributes at minimum cost, weight, and complexity.
- Perform durability CAE post-processing and conduct correlation studies based on physical test results.
- Collaborate with suppliers for durability CAE model development and test correlation.
- Assist with various subsystem durability studies of BIW and other components and provide feasible design solutions.
- Develop and maintain all durability models (full vehicle, closures, battery, and various other sub systems).
- Act as an effective point of contact to lead and leverage global engineering resources as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to perform durability analysis like shock analysis, fatigue strength, stiffness and strength analysis using Abaqus/Optistruct, and other CAE software as needed.
- Assist with NVH analysis such as BIW modal analysis, FRF analysis using NASTRAN (if needed).
- Perform design optimization through various optimization techniques such as Topology, Size, Shape, Free Shape optimization using Optistruct (if needed).
- Ability to perform quick design changes for study purposes using CATIA V6 (if needed).
- Prepare and deliver reports and other communications as needed to document durability project status.
- Demonstrate ability to keep up with the fast-paced design development cycle by providing results within a tight schedule.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field and 3 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation.
Must possess expertise/ knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/ knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education. Such expertise/ knowledge cannot be "quantified" by "time." Required expertise/ knowledge includes:
- Demonstrated ability to perform durability simulation using various FEA Solvers (Abaqus, NASTRAN, etc.).
- Strong knowledge in Finite Element Analysis, Solid Mechanics, Numerical Methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of durability failure criteria and material properties including plastic and fatigue properties.
- Strong knowledge and experience with component-level and system-level durability development and optimization.
- Use hand-calculation methodologies to perform load and stress-based analysis of joints and structures.
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.