Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
- Faraday & Future is looking for a highly motivated individual to lead the Vehicle Test & Validation Team to help support our growing set of vehicles and engineering labs.
- As the Vehicle Engineering Manager, you’ll be leading some of the industry’s brightest minds to ensure the Vehicle Validation Excellence is delivered in line with program timing and to resolve engineering issues to reach that goal. You will be the Head of the Vehicle Test Team, at FF, the key technical coordination department for the vehicle development and validation.
- This role will work closely with the engineering directors and vehicle test teams to build, maintain, and operate a wide variety of high energy (mechanical, electrical, thermal) test systems on the critical path of the FF91 vehicle program.
- of tests, collaborate closely with the Engineering teams to define and build equipment including design, sourcing, assembly, and creation.
- As the Senior Manager of Vehicle Test & Validation, you will be responsible to:
- Develop and maintain staff levels to complete tests and validation objectives
- Contract with external test labs, suppliers, and test tracks to organize and execute testing
- Ensure all vehicle systems meet targets and acceptance criteria with correlate vehicle test data.
- Deliver completed DVP&R for Durability, Environmental, Electrical, Firmware, Reliability, and High Mileage Accumulation Testing that includes both subjective and objective test findings and results.
- Create, manage, and track all vehicle testing schedules, and highlight and prioritize critical path tests
- Coordinate with design teams, systems teams, and CAE teams to resolve issues found during validation testing
- Forecast and manage budgets required to support vehicle testing, engineering vehicles, and staff.
- Manage engineering vehicle fleet to facilitate efficient test schedules.
- Minimum of 8 years of leading automotive test and validation programs (preferably with hybrid and electric vehicle OEM) + three model cycles completed
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Able to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally across all technical teams and disciplines
- Highly experienced in creating test procedures and DVP/Rs
- Experience with developing and updating vehicle KPIs and targets for validation testing
- High levels of personal organization and motivation
- Excellent team leading capability
- A good understanding of full cycle product creation from target setting through to vehicle sign off processes and into successful launch / manufacture
- A good level of understanding of all vehicle systems
- Good problem-solving techniques and ability
- Strong test, development & planning background
- High drive, self-motivated and able to deliver under pressure.
- Experience driving a wide range of vehicle types and ability to identify issues or potential areas of the vehicle that require improvements such as handling, electrical issues, ride comfort, and interior noise/vibration
- Must have an active driver’s license with a clean driving history
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally
- BS (Master’s preferred) in ME, EE, or another related Engineering fiel
- Experienced with full electric vehicle architecture and have a strong understanding of High Voltage Battery Systems, Low Voltage Systems, Powertrain Systems, Structures, Chassis/Suspension, Braking Systems, and Vehicle Software/Firmware
- Solidly established connections with 3rd party test tracks and test labs with an extensive knowledge base of various test site and test lab capabilities
- Ability to provide both requirements-based and subjective feedback based on vehicle validation and testing
- Experience with JIRA, JAMA, and CATIA a plus
- Experience of engineering Premium / EV platforms
- Attribute definition specialism
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.