Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
The Sr. Design and Release engineer of Body Systems will be responsible for leading the design, development and engineering activities for Body System Components including, Movable Glass, Regulators, Fixed Glass and other mechanisms.
You will ensure compliance of the designs with all vehicle attributes, regulations, technical, functional and structural requirements, quality objectives, program milestones, deliverables and specific targets (performance, cost, weight, safety, timing, etc.).
You will develop unique and advanced engineering concepts and designs, leading innovation and advanced technologies for the Body Systems. Recent concepts, designs and production parts have moved body systems ahead as part of the initial customer experience.
The role will initiate and coordinate studies and drive decisions regarding designing new body systems components versus using or modifying existing, off-the-shelf, Glass and mechanisms from high end suppliers.
- Conduct design, simulation, and testing of Movable Glass and Fixed Glass
- Lead Engineering documentation such as DFMEA’s, DVP’s, FMVSS and global regulations
- Develop engineering cost targets for investing in tooling and piece cost
- Conduct vehicle benchmark studies / technical research of competitive products, present findings and suggest recommendations
- Coordinate and complete mock-up of parts for evaluation
- Utilize Catia V6 from initial studio concept to production. Such as developing criteria sections
- Create and manage EBOM including material selection along with class A and B finishes
- Coordinate releases of engineering changes and appropriate documentations through Enovia
- Leverage engineering expertise to globally lead the design and release of movable glass and fixed glass.
- Conduct deep dive design reviews with suppliers on a regular basis to guide the design of new parts and apply existing systems to new environments
- Continuously improve in-series production parts with design changes to afford cost savings and quality improvements
- Develop engineering specifications for validation of subsystems and components to support vehicle level performance requirements
- Work with interfacing organizations to define and develop systems engineering approaches that deliver body system and attribute requirements while ensuring efficient designs to achieve customer wants
- Plan for parts timing alignment with overall program timing plan
- Occasional global travel 1-2 trips per year to facilitate global engagement
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering – or similar - from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in design, development, release and implementation in production of mechanism components and systems, with a strong background in: design and engineering for use on closures or other body systems, kinematics and CAE applications, specific mechanism components, fabrication processes, testing, compliance and regulations.
- Catia (V5 or V6) expertise, including releasing into the PLM systems.
- Experience interfacing with suppliers and development projects.
- Proficiency in Engineering Disciplines (DFMEA, PFMEA, DVP&R, Tolerance Analysis, 8-D, Control Plans, Reliability/Robustness Matrices, etc.)
- Proficiency with PC software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able and willing to travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills
- A successful track record of product development experience on safety related components
- Design and Release experience in automotive OEM within Handles/Locks/Mechanisms/Glass/Sealing
- Extensive background in component/system design, and analysis and Systems Engineering experience
- User ability for CATIA CAD system, ADAMS/LS-DYNA, Kinematic Modeling, and FEA.
- Prior experience working in a global workplace including working internationally
- Engineering for serial production in one or more of the diverse body systems commodities
- Engineering knowledge of closures structure materials, including aluminum
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 or V6 within a product development environment
- Experience in design for six sigma (DFSS) – preferably with six sigma certification or have used DFSS methodology in design, validation and/or launch
- Ability to implement GD&T and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents
- Prior experience with volume production and launching products
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes and lightweight, recyclable and sustainable materials
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.