Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Manager, leading the FF Chassis Design team, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to create, develop, refine, and launch world class suspension systems on world class vehicles for the modern age. You will be key to ensuring Faraday’s cars ride, handle and perform as well as they look.
- Leading all stages of the design process for new parts and systems from concept level through to production release.
- Refining and optimizing existing parts for improved performance, quality and manufacturability.
- Leading blank sheet new suspension concepts to advance technology portfolio.
- Participating /leading creative brainstorming sessions to solve technical challenges.
- Leading quality issues for failure root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Analyzing lab and field test results to determine best path forward.
- Supervising advanced engineering calculations and analysis.
- Ensuring the highest standards of 3d models, 2d prints and FEA reports in CAD utilizing design standards, best practices & GD&T
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related study.
- 8+ years of experience engineering chassis systems
- Proven track record of leading teams successfully
- Well versed in chassis architecture strategies and global regulations (e.g. FMVSS, GB)
- Top-notch skills with CATIA V5+, GD&T, and component and system DVP&R
- Strong familiarity with linear finite element analysis methodology
- Proven expertise with compressed timeline launches and design for mass production followed through from concept to serial production launch.
- A diverse skillset including familiarity with structural component design as well as complex assembly designs including steel, aluminum, plastic, composites and hybrid constructions.
- A wide range of experience with simulation software including, ANSYS, Nastran, HyperWorks/ Optistruct
- Proficiency in crash and/or dynamic road loads analysis (e.g. ADAMS, Motionsolve)
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and a driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.