Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Paint Shop Manager, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to:
- Work within the Paint department in the Plant providing leadership to manufacture a world class product while achieving KPI targets in safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Safety first. Evaluate and monitor processes and people to ensure a safe working environment. Apply problem solving tools to eliminate actual and potential hazards.
- Support model manufacturing plan development and execution, including trials and launch of new equipment and tooling.
- Lead with a continuous improvement mentality.
- Create a safe, respectful, fair and professional work environment.
- Reinforce company policies and procedures.
- Implement FF Production System.
- Maintain close communications within the department and other departments for effective and efficient problem solving.
- Lead Uptime equipment strategies to assure operational excellence.
- Implement Preventative Maintenance strategies, activities, and monitoring metrics to manage current state as well as improve future state.
- Collaborate with engineering and maintenance as required to meet aforementioned goals with continuous process improvements; lead continuous improvement in manufacturing regarding safety, manpower utilization and efficiency, and ergonomics.
- Coach supervisors, line leaders and Team Members so they can grow and reach their maximum potential
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Business or manufacturing related discipline.
- Five or more years of related professional experience in an automotive plant paint shop floor environment or equivalent.
- Leadership Experience: Five or more years in an automotive paint shop management role exhibiting leadership and providing direction to others.
- Proven knowledge + expertise, and passion for manufacturing assembly, technology, painting processes and people
- Top-notch leadership, management, communication, coaching, listening skills
- Strong familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, TQM
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, presenting and reporting skills, data analysis, Quality tools.
- Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook
- Knowledge of paint performance and high finish paint quality appearance.
- Experience maintaining paint shop cleanliness, painting processes flow and empowering paint team members for continuous improvement.
- Experience managing projects and budgets
- Leadership Experience: Five or more years as a Paint shop manager
- Proven expertise with start up automotive paint operations
- Working experience with SAP, databases, data collection, processing and analysis
- Proven expertise implementing Lean Manufacturing, Standardization, TQM, TPM, injury/accident prevention, Training systems
- A diverse skillset including leadership, communication, problem solving, emotional intelligence, active listening, decision making, motivator (self and others)
- A wide range of experience with electrocoating processes, paint application, automation, paint finishing, paint inspection, spot repair
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- A genuine fascination for the manufacturing field and a commitment to global change
- A true sense of determination… and hopefully a sense of humor
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.