Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Staff Engineer, Power Electronics, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to accelerate the delivery of quality FF products to consumer markets. You will be responsible for leading power electronics EE design and development, HV distribution and gateway development, including electrical architecture, HV components and PCBAs.
- Lead a function group to deliver HV distribution system for entire HV system for FF91 and FF81
- Guide mechanical engineers to complete the HV distribution and eCAD layout for the responsible HV module design
- Responsible for entire power electronics module full development scope, from design, to manufacturing, to validation, to integration in vehicle
- Support review power electronics requirements and product specifications for performance, system compatibility and testability based on size, capacity, safety and application.
- Design and develop power electronics that meet requirements
- Design comprehensive test protocols, qualification documents, test plans and reports for the testing and validation of power electronics.
- Work with a cross-functional engineering team in the design and development of test fixtures for verification of the power electronics.
- Generate performance, safety and test reports and any other documentation for support of regulatory submissions.
- Provide cutting edge performance expertise and advise fellow engineers.
- Generate power electronics design reviews, DFMEA, DVP&R and failure analysis.
- Monitor the advancements in power conversion technology and processes and advise the team accordingly.
- Ensure each system change is appropriately approved, then scheduled and reviewed by stakeholders
- Ensure hardware release is on time and aligned with company schedule to deliver production ready battery controls software to vehicle assembly
- Minimum MS in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- 5 years of experience in Power Electronics including design, implementation and test
- Solid knowledge in Power Electronics
- Experience in DFMEA and DVP&R for Power Electronics
- Solid background in Power Electronics modeling, simulation techniques, and system analysis
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- 8+ years of experience in Power Electronics and relevant hardware areas
- Experience with creating test benches to perform unit testing and documentation
- Hands-on experience Power Electronics development and testing
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.