Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As an Senior Display Hardware Engineer, you will be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to bring the next-gen experience to future autonomous and connected cars. Specifically, you will work with multiple cross-functional teams and external suppliers, research the latest display technologies, define specifications and recommendations, design key components and validate the performance, and ensure successful product launch. You will make a huge impact to the future connected cars through customer facing components.
- Research the latest TFT-LCD, OLED display and touch technologies
- Create technical specification and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Work with TPM, supply chain and other stake holders to recommend technical proposal and suppliers
- Guide suppliers throughout the design, development, implementation, and delivery processes
- Review the design with all stake holders including integration, packaging and wire hardness teams
- Generate Part Number, get budget approval before project start, and create Purchase Request
- Hold weekly meetings with suppliers to review the design, execution, deliverable, issues, etc.
- Get approval from Change Request Board for any design changes during development
- Work with PM to track samples shipment from the suppliers and notify supply chain when received
- Perform analysis of failure modes in displays, coverglasses, touch panels in cooperation with suppliers and internal teams
- Bachelor degree in Optics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, or related field with 5+ years experience of product engineering in designing, packaging, simulating, testing HW systems.
- Expert knowledge in optics, illumination, display, touch technology fields
- Understanding of mechanical design methods and/or electrical circuit theory
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with internationally diverse teams
- Willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Master or above degree in optics, mechatronics, electrical engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in automotive industry as a display design and release engineer
- Proficient with 3D CAD program such as CATIA and PLM tool such as Enovia
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.