Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
- Develop structural links & control arms and elastokinematic architectures for premium EV platforms.
- Design, analyze, develop, and release inboard chassis system components (e.g. suspension links, control arms assembly, bushings, ball joints and stabilization links) to achieve vehicle program targets.
- Ensure component and system meet certification requirements for FMVSS, ECE, CCC.
- Manage suppliers to achieve Faraday engineering and quality standards.
- Liaise with attribute & stakeholder teams such as NVH, Powertrain, and Safety to achieve target multidisciplinary vehicle attributes.
- Support manufacturing & assembly development of suspension systems and components.
- Other deliverables as defined by manager, or Supervisor.
- BS or BE plus a strong automotive interest and aptitude, M.S. in Engineering a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in your field with engineering of lightweight, metallic structures (relevant academic experience considered as partial substitute).
- Proficiency with CATIA V5+, GD&T, and component and system DFMEA / DVP&R.
- Design & release experience with Chassis structural components, casting, forging and welded structures.
- Structural analysis proficiency including hand calculations and linear finite element tools (e.g. NASTRAN, ABAQUS, Optistruct, ADAMS).
- Strong familiarity with structural components validation.
- Proven track record of delivering vehicle-level attribute targets as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- World class understanding of metallic structure design and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven expertise with vehicle program development from conceptual design though serial production launch.
- A diverse skillset including structural component manufacturing process, the quality process control, the problem solving & 8D Analysis etc.
- Proficiency in nonlinear, modal, and fatigue finite element analysis.
- Proficiency in crash and/or dynamic road loads analysis (e.g. ADAMS, Motionsolve).
- Experience with engineering optimization methods and software.
- Experience in design, instrumentation, performance, and post-processing of materials, fastener, and structures testing.
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- A genuine fascination for the chassis field and a commitment to global change
- A true sense of determination and hopefully a sense of humor
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.