Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
This is an advanced technical position and requires a highly motivated individual, with ability to perform security threat analysis, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for FF vehicle SW system:
- Design security test methodologies and test plan with all the stakeholders
- Work with vendors performing security test activities, and figure out vulnerabilities in vehicle ECUs, apps, and network components to improve product security and reduce risk.
- Classify security findings identified during the security assessment and test, and then report them timely to push fix
- Evaluate external vendors and test tools’ capability
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering or related, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering experience.
- Rich experience on software reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis from source code review.
- Capability of hacking embedded system.
- Proficiency in C, C++, Java, or Python.
- Proficiency in real-time and POSIX oriented OS: Linux, Android, or QNX.
- Rich experience on JTAG, UART, CAN, or Ethernet.
- Strong capability of team player.
- 3+ years software development or testing on security domains under Android or Linux/Unix
- Experience of vulnerability identification and penetration testing, with any tool like Appie, Android Tamer, Mobisec, Santoku.
- Reverse engineering of Linux or Android based software, with any tool like APKInspector, APKTool, Dex2jar, Oat2dex, JD-Gui, FindBugs,Qark, AndroBugs.
- Rich experience with automotive communication protocols: Vehicle Ethernet, CAN/LIN, UDS/DoIP, etc.
- Security cryptography fundamentals - PKI, certificates, encryption, signatures, authentication, and authorization. And any tool like Android SSL Trust Killer, Android-ssl-bypass, PublicKey Pinning, Java AES Crypto.
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, HTTPS. And related tools like Tcpdump, Wireshark, Mallory, Burp Suite, Proxydroid.
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.