Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Senior Safety Hardware Engineer, you will be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to bring the next-gen experience to future autonomous and connected cars. Specifically, you will own several safety system components, work with multiple cross-functional teams and external suppliers, research the latest technologies, define specifications and recommendations, design key components and validate the performance, and ensure successful product launch. You will make a huge impact to the future connected cars through customer facing components.
- Support safety hardware system work from design concept to vehicle integration and validation
- Create technical specification and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Work with supply chain and other stake holders to recommend technical proposal and suppliers
- Review the design with all stake holders including integration, packaging and wire hardness teams
- Generate Part Number, get budget approval before project start, and create Purchase Request
- Hold weekly meetings with suppliers to review project proposal, execution, timing, deliverable, etc.
- Get approval from Change Request Board for any design changes during development
- Work with PM to track samples shipment from the suppliers and notify supply chain when received
- Perform validation test of samples to ensure quality standards are met
- Support components integration, testing, and troubleshooting in Gardena lab and Hanford factory
- Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer or similar major in Engineering with 4+ years of experience of product engineering in designing, packaging, simulating, testing hardware components and systems
- Hands-on knowledge in automotive architecture of ECU, CAN, LIN, and ethernet
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with internationally dispersed team
- Willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 2+ years of experience in automotive industry as a design and release engineer
- Proficient with 3D CAD program such as CATIA V5/V6 and PLM tool such as Enovia
- Experience in vehicle safety restraint system or steering control systems
- Good understanding of functional safety standards ISO 26262
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.