Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Functional Safety Technical Specialist at Faraday Future, you will be working with world class engineers, building towards the FF vision of the best-in-class electric vehicle experience. You will be a key team leader support the execution of Faraday’s vehicle programs across global markets, including the US, China and Europe. You will collaboratively with Engineering, Test & Validation, Manufacturing and Suppliers to ensure a robust implementation of Functional Safety in vehicle programs in a timely manner.
- Execute Feature, Function & Use Case analysis for FuSa work product assessment
- Build and manage the FuSa team to complete Hazard analysis and risk assessment (HARA), Safety Goal's and Functional Safety Concept definition.
- Derive detailed Functional Safety Requirements (FSR's) for the vehicle platform to hand off to system engineers.
- Support analysis of functional safety requirements and derivation by system engineers of technical safety requirements.
- Be a point of technical expertise to support software FuSa requirements definition, review and implementation.
- Engaging with core engineering functional safety engineers in driving technical content for the Technical Safety Requirements (TSR's), hardware requirements, software requirements and deriving ASIL metrics
- Support supplier sourcing and requirements definition including DIA's and supplier audits.
- Plan and execute confirmation reviews and support verification reviews
- Responsible for release evaluation regarding ISO 26262 as well as for the development of the safety case
- Develop a best practices/analysis methodologies to be integrated across FF.
- Degree education in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- 5 years of FuSa experience within the automotive industry (or equivalent), ideally at an Automotive OEM or Tier 1 working within functional safety
- Proven knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience applying within an OEM or Tier 1
- Good working knowledge of vehicle design and functionality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team leading indirect reports
- Advanced project management skills and experience
- Ability and willingness to travel within the country and occasional international travel (<25%) would also be required.
- 8+ years of FuSa experience within the automotive industry (or equivalent), ideally OEM or Tier 1
- 1+ EV program launch experience
- Good working knowledge of vehicle system functionality and electro/mechanical control strategy
- Ability to report to senior management and report accurate information in a clear and concise manner
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.