Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
- Lead the creation of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) detail drawings in accordance with ASME Y14-5-2009 or customer specific standards to support product development.
- Lead defining datum and measurement point coordination for current and future vehicle models.
- Lead and assist performing statistical analysis using variation simulation software, 1-dimensional and root sum square (RSS) analysis.
- Approve RSS studies, fixed and floating fastener calculations, and clearance calculations.
- Lead designating Key Product Characteristics (KPC's) and/or Significant/Critical characteristics.
- Oversee data analysis for dimensional characteristics for all build events to identify source of problems and improve.
- Provide data analysis support and recommendations to Manufacturing for geometry improvements to sustain quality of product.
- Lead cross functional teams with Engineering, Manufacturing and Plant Quality to provide dimensional expertise.
- Drive cross-functional teams' agreements on part datum features, fixturing scheme, and measurement points.
- Approve gage strategy and designs for parts and assemblies.
- Knowledge of stamping checking fixtures, part coordination fixtures, CMM holding fixtures, cubing, assembly jigs and fixtures, etc.
- Proficient in the field of dimensional engineering eager to engage in cross functional team (able to preform at high level on day one).
- Strong interpersonal skill able to work independent and within team with minimal direction.
- Prepare RFQ packages for purchasing.
- Work with Quality Engineers to source gages and initiate purchase orders
- Support Supplier Quality with data analysis during PPAP approvals.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering is required, Master degree preferred.
- Self starter, working in automotive engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in vehicle dimensional engineering.
- 10+ years minimum experience working in automotive field.
- Proven knowledge and passion for product dimensional quality .
- Proven problem-solving skills and swift, sound decision-making abilities.
- Proven engineer with a strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude, and a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE).
- Experience in/knowledge of basic statistics and process control (SPC) in a manufacturing environment.
- LEAN manufacturing experience is an asset.
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.