Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you’ll be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision making that affects the company and provide strategic financial input to executives. You are responsible for managing the financial actions of the company. You are in charge of tracking cash flow, analyzing strengths/weaknesses in the company’s finances and overseeing all aspects of its financial success. You will work alongside other executives and take ownership of all company fiscal and regulatory matters.
- Ensure meeting various financial and compliance requirements for public companies, and lead the team in meeting quarterly, annual, and other filing requirements.
- Ensure a healthy financial position through managing day-to-day financial data including cash flow and various operational analysis.
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Drive the company’s financial planning. Develop finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Lead financing activities in the United States, China, Asia Pacific, Europe and other regions to obtain cash to support the company's sustainable operation and healthy development flow via various financing methods including debt financing and equity financing.
- Manage investor relations and regularly deliver the company's overall business analysis report to the board of directors
- Establish a robust accounting and reporting system and ensure clear ledgers and books.
- Deep understanding about the business and proactively engages with whole business process from the beginning and reflect and report accounting data.
- Create a strong financial operating system. Support the company's development needs through FP&A and provide necessary financial data to support the business in making better business decisions.
- Effectively control cost through FP&A and conduct a diagnosis over financial operating status on a rolling basis.
- Assist with high-level decisions from Finance perspective about policy and strategy. Review financial reports for ways to reduce costs.
- Oversee cash outflow, operating cashflow and manage tax duties.
- Create a strong financial management system including budget management system and cost control system.
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations. Ensure SOX and other compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field.
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position.
- Experience in a large publicly traded corporation. Deep knowledge about compliance related items of a public company.
- Familiar with Nasdaq and SEC rules
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- Top expertise in accounting, FP&A or financing
- Strong capital markets connections and experience and a track record of securing capital for scaling businesses
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or MBA.
- Prior experience as a CFO.
- International experience.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and investor relations.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, or CPA).
Industry Background Qualifications:
We are considering candidates with either investment banking/capital raising experience or public company CFO experience in EV, high-tech, automotive, Internet AI, or consumer electronics.
- Experience and ability to meet the five elements of leadership: strategic planning, team building and leading by example, learning and reflecting, adapting to change, and integrating resources.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-driven
- Strong communication skills and team-building capabilities
- Work experience in international companies and familiar with the corporate culture in international companies
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.