Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Sr. Manager Advanced Diagnostic/ Field Service for FF’s Aftersales group, you will be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to develop, launch and manage FF’s diagnostic and field service strategy and activities. Overall, you will ensure that FF’s service business is focused and aligned to deliver premium and robust products and services to our Faraday Future users. To accomplish this – you will be responsible for executing our advanced service diagnostics programs and technical field support while developing strategic internal and external partnerships as well as managing the resources, financials, and operations to deliver the class-leading service programs.
This is a “hands-on” role that will manage the FF Aftersales service diagnostics processes and field service strategy by developing the technical expertise as well as the technical operational management of the “Flying Doctor” field engineers – leading to robust and timely FF service capabilities. Your ability to develop a positive team culture and work environment to maximize retention through coaching, training, and mentorship is critical to a successful delivery of the FF service experience. You will work alongside the FF Service Engineering, Development, Parts, Warranty, Accessory and Quality teams while providing daily technical feedback and reports for identification and resolution of vehicle and component issues.
To ensure FF premium service operations, this role is directly involved in the development of the field service programs and provides direct strategic support to FF’s internal service engineering team as well as executives throughout the organization by providing operational/user and technical perspective, promoting a user first orientation for general business decisions with internal and external partners. You will also manage budget and financial targets across your scope of responsibility.
You will meet objectives to ensure successful program design and execution of a premium experience for all FF users to achieve and maintain first in class service excellence and reputation.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead in the development and ongoing improvement of the service diagnostic systems to enhance remote and on-board diagnosis capabilities for all vehicle systems with the goal of shortening the service repair process
- Support regional and local service centers with advanced diagnosis and repair as well as providing best practices, safety and efficiency
- Set KPIs for each market with the overall goals of minimal vehicle downtime and maximum User satisfaction
- Collaborate directly with the service and development engineering teams as the “eyes on the ground” to provide field issues, user experience and emerging trends in an accurate and timely manner
- Create response plans for emergency field events where onsite support or data gathering is time sensitive and business critical
- Technical degree in Automotive Technology, Engineering, Business or Project Management and/or proven equivalent work experience; strong technical, service operations, and/or project management expertise
- 10 years of experience in the automotive industry, technical service including user facing support
- Proven knowledge, expertise, and passion for vehicle and user service, automotive technology, parts, warranty, and aftersales accessories
- In depth understanding and experience in scaling operations
- Project management – ability to manage teams to achieve organizational objectives
- Influencing and negotiation skills – collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence program development based on program metrics/ analysis
- Track record of cross-functional collaboration with internal departments, strategic partners/vendors and field teams to ensure successful go-to-market introductions
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer proficiency – skilled in the use of office and project management software
- A penchant for problem solving, multi-tasking and self-starting
- A genuine fascination for the EV and technology fields and a commitment to global
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal
- Previous experience in EV technology operations within a vehicle manufacturer or related industry
- “Hands-on” aptitude and attitude to solve and resolve complex technical issues
- Experience in a startup environment and scaling programs and teams from a “clean sheet”
- Bachelors or Masters degree in business, engineering or other applicable technical field of study
- Direct working experience in User facing service programs
- User orientation – ability to understand and deliver the FF premium User experience, consistent with FF brand image
- Integration – joining people, processes, or systems to achieve common goals
- Partner relations/management – develop partner relations, negotiate, and hold partners accountable to key metrics, collaborate to improve User experience
- Proven track record of executing multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Experience with training curriculum support and development for internal and external audiences
- An innovative, User-centric mindset and approach
- Development of experiential programs and services for premium and luxury brands
- A true sense of determination… and a sense of humor
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.