Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Safety Hardware Staff Engineer, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to drive the development of FF’s autonomous driving hardware in collaboration with internal FF teams and external suppliers. Responsibilities will include overall responsibility for the part or system, writing and review technical specification, reviewing supplier proposals, working with internal teams to integrate safety related parts into the overall vehicle, working with manufacturing to insure the proper installation and calibration of parts on the vehicle, managing supplier relations, tracking program timings and aligning with deliverables. Ability to travel to the FF manufacturing location in Hanford, CA or to supplier locations domestically or internationally to support development, testing, and manufacturing.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Systems, Aerospace, Computer, or Mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of vehicle communication networks such as automotive ethernet, CAN (control area networks), LIN.
- Ability to work with internal and external teams to complete tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent English communication skills in written, spoken, and presentation forms.
- Prior experience working with parts or systems designed for safety related applications.
- Experience as a release engineer or similar role with an OEM or supplier.
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Previous work with functional safety concept, ISO 26262, from the automotive or other industries.
- Ability to use communication network tools from companies such as Vector.
- Back ground in using 3D modeling software such as Catia or Solidworks.
- Experience using Jira, Jama, SAP, Enovia, and MS Project or Smartsheets.
- Back ground working in multifunctional teams.
- Previous work with air bag and restraint control systems, safety related sensors, or safety related electronics.
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.