Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
- Faraday & Future is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Vehicle Test & Validation Team to help support our growing set of vehicles and engineering labs.
- This role will work closely with the engineering design teams and vehicle validation team to build, maintain and operate a wide variety of high energy (mechanical, electrical, thermal) test systems on the critical path of the FF91 vehicle program.
- Lead vehicle setup, debugging and execution of tests, collaborate closely with the Engineering teams to define and build equipment including design, sourcing, assembly and creation.
- As the Vehicle Validation-Test Engineer, you will be responsible to:
- Plan and perform a wide range of vehicle tests including performance, reliability, durability, vehicle systems validation, and abuse testing.
- Design and create test procedures and support development of subsystem test procedures and DVP/Rs.
- Identify test equipment and instrumentation to purchase for vehicle level testing and measurement.
- Be responsible for instrumentation of test vehicles including installing accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure transducers, thermocouples, and microphones
- Create Vehicle Test Reports for Durability, Environmental, Electrical, Firmware, Reliability, and High Mileage Accumulation Testing that includes both subjective and objective test findings and results
- Create subsystem test reports as required
- Participate and provide input into Vehicle level DFMEA development
- Participate in root cause analysis and failure analysis activities
- Support the development of acceptance criteria for vehicle level validation tests
- Create detailed Vehicle Level Test Plans
- Coordinate with external test labs, suppliers, and test tracks to organize and execute testing
- Correlate test data to vehicle level requirements to ensure all vehicle systems meet targets and acceptance criteria
- Document and track all issues discovered by validation testing activities and lead issue resolution efforts
- Work with design teams, systems teams, and CAE teams to resolve issues found during validation testing
- Manage and track all vehicle testing schedules and highlight and prioritize critical path tests
- BS (Master’s preferred) in ME, EE, or another related Engineering field
- Minimum of 6 years of automotive test engineering experience (preferably with hybrid and electric vehicle OEM or Tier 1 supplier)
- Strong technical writing skills are a must
- Able to effectively communicate and work cross-functionally across all technical teams and disciplines
- Highly experienced in creating test procedures and DVP/Rs
- Experienced setting up and using data acquisition systems to collect road load data, noise levels, temperature, and electrical data
- Experience using CAN tools and analyzing CAN data
- Experience driving a wide range of vehicle types and ability to identify issues or potential areas of the vehicle that require improvements such as handling, electrical issues, ride comfort, and interior noise/vibration
- Capable of trouble shooting and identifying vehicle issues
- Capable of performing simple and complex driving maneuvers per test requirements and procedures
- Capable of using hand and power tools to perform repairs and modifications as required
- Must have an active driver’s license with a clean driving history
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally
- Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization
- Experienced with full electric vehicle architecture and have a strong understanding of High Voltage Battery Systems, Low Voltage Systems, Powertrain Systems, Structures, Chassis/Suspension, Braking Systems, and Vehicle Software/Firmware
- Data Analysis experience with MatLab, nCode, python or other relevant tools
- Experience with reliability metrics such as MTTF, MMTF, and MTBF
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex engineering problems
- Experience with developing and updating vehicle KPIs and targets for validation testing
- Solidly established connections with 3rd party test tracks and test labs with an extensive knowledge base of various test site and test lab capabilities
- Ability to provide both requirements-based and subjective feedback based on vehicle validation and testing
- Experience with Electric vehicles and operating vehicles on a wide range of surfaces and weather conditions
- Experience with JIRA, JAMA, and CATIA a plus
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.