Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Software Engineer – Decision Making and Behavior Planning in the ADAS/Autonomous Driving team, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to design, develop, integrate, test and validate motion planning and controls algorithms on a world class vehicle and help to bring ADAS/AD features into production.
- Architect & develop decision making and behavior planning algorithm/software for production ADAS/AD features
- Research learning based decision-making /behavior planning algorithm
- Conduct software unit test and integration tests to ensure performance, quality and safety.
- Collaborate with systems engineer, HMI engineer, safety engineer, algorithm engineers, etc. to define decision making/behavior planning dependency and requirements, and implement and test strategy
- Follow internal processes for software quality control and software release
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills by developing consensus and win-win situations
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Computer, Electrical, Robotics or relative fields,
- 2 years of work experience in ADAS/AD production feature development regarding to arbitration, decision making, state management, safety/comfortability/performance management
- Experience in modern C++ and/or MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow for decision-making implementation
- Family with MBSE SysML/UML system design tools and methods (e.g., use case analysis, activity diagram, state machine diagram, sequence/timing diagram) to define/document the state management / decision-making process and interfaces
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- 4+ years of production ADAS/AD experience in decision making OR 2+ years research experience in learning-based decision making and behavior planning
- Fail safe or fail operational strategy development for production ADAS/AD features
- Experience with ASPICE development process
- Familiar with function safety ISO26262 and SOTIF ISO21448 standards
Perks + Benefits
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.