Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Sr. Engineer, Chassis Electronic Parking Brake System you'll be working with some of the industry's brightest minds to create, refine, and launch world class systems on world class vehicles for the modern age. Basically, you'll spearhead the team that ensures Faraday's cars handle and perform as well as they look..
- Create and maintain technical specifications for Chassis electronic parking brake system for premium EV platforms.
- Design, analyze, develop, and release inboard chassis electronic parking brake components and brake foundation (e.g. calipers, rotors, EPB calipers, and sensor,) to achieve vehicle program targets.
- Ensure component and system meet certification requirements for FMVSS, ECE, CCC.
- Manage suppliers to meet all program milestone’s deliverables and to achieve Faraday engineering and quality standards.
- Liaise with attribute & stakeholder teams such as NVH, Powertrain, and Safety to achieve target multidisciplinary vehicle attributes.
- Support manufacturing & assembly development of brake systems and components.
- Other deliverables as defined by manager, or Supervisor.
- BS or BE plus a strong automotive interest and aptitude, M.S. in Engineering a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in your field
- Proficiency with CATIA V5+, GD&T, and component and system DFMEA / DVP&R.
- Design & release experience with Chassis brake component (EPB, Calipers, rotors) and brake system.
- Knowledge/Experience with brake control system, brake system sizing and calculations.
- Strong familiarity with brake system test validation and certifications.
- Strong familiarity with ISO 26262 functional safety, brake system test validation and certifications.
- Proven track record of delivering vehicle-level attribute targets as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven expertise with vehicle program development from conceptual design though serial production launch.
- A diverse skillset including brake system control & calibration and validation, the problem solving & 8D Analysis etc.
- A wide range of experience with regeneration brake system, electronics & sensors, CAN communication, software development and validation, diagnosis tool.
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- A genuine fascination for the chassis field and a commitment to global change
- A true sense of determination and hopefully a sense of humor
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) option
- Relocation assistance / reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.