Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As a Perception Engineer in the ADAS/Autonomous Driving team, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to develop our in-house perception solution for autonomous driving and parking. The main areas of focus will include object detection, classification, tracking, state estimation, scene understanding, sensor fusion, etc. You will design the algorithms from prototype to production - including training on large scale datasets and deploying on a real-time production vehicle solution.
- Build/Integrate software and algorithms for large scale processing of camera images, GPS/IMU, Lidar, radar and vehicle odometry.
- Work with raw sensor data, low-level signal processing and analyze large datasets.
- Perform multi-sensor fusion, 3D-reconstruction and multi-object tracking.
- Test algorithms in simulation, in vehicle in controlled environment, and ultimately in vehicles in the field.
- Benchmark and validate perception algorithms for final deployment
- MS or PhD degree in CS/CE/EE/Robotics or equivalent with focus on Perception and Computer Vision.
- 2+ years professional/research experience in one of the following areas: multi-sensor fusion, image processing, machine learning or deep learning, and/or point cloud data processing.
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design (C/C++, MATLAB, Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch) including ISP algorithms, DNN, CNN or point cloud processing: segmentation, classification, tracking of objects etc.
- Experience with software engineering tools and Linux environment (e.g., Git, CMake, gdb, etc.)
- Experience with multiple sensor systems that utilize a combination of LIDAR, radar, and cameras.
- Experience with Linux development using tools for code debugging and profiling.
- Strong team player. Needs to put people first.
- Excellent English communication skills in written, spoken, and presentation forms.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes: software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, etc.
- Experience in the automotive domain
- Prototyping real-time applications
- GNSS / IMU Integration
- Software development for safety critical systems (ISO 26262)
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision.
- A penchant for solving new and unique technical problems.
- A genuine fascination for the ADAS/Autonomous Driving field.
Perks + Benefits:
- Stock options for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Engineering orientation + onboarding
- Daily catered lunches onsite (nominal cost)
- Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Free parking + carpool reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team