ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This role is primarily focused on helping a development team effectively and efficiently deliver high-quality product and services in our Risk & Trading technology domain.
Everything we do at FanDuel, we do as a team. As a Quality Engineer you’ll work with delivery teams to help facilitate the successful release of products and innovations to our customers. From the inception of the idea, all the way through getting it into the hands of our users - where appropriate you can be involved every step of the way - analyzing the risk of implementation, how a new feature will fit into our existing ecosystem, how it’ll be received by users, and, of course, facilitating the delivery of quality software.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You carry out testing of new software development (where requirements are defined or ambiguous) within our Risk & Trading Domain.
- You apply common software testing heuristics where applicable to carry out testing of applications under test.
- You advise on the severity of issues based on an understanding of the system/product under test.
- You test components of a system (e.g. web services and API) when integrated end-to-end with clients but also tests at integration points at earliest opportunities when necessary (e.g. in cases where end to end is not ready)
- You test new software developments across mediums and their model and platform versions (e.g. mobile models, OSs, browser types).
- You work with developers to understand test coverage at unit and integration level to better target other testing efforts.
- You advise developers of potential risk areas in advance of development.
- You provide concise yet comprehensive testing plans & summaries/evaluations for product and platform developments where appropriate.
- You advocate for continuous integration practices.
- You are beginning to identify situations in circumstances where there may be a need for performance, security or other non-functional testing types.
- You advise team of difficulty and effort involved in testing features and providing test results.
- You work effectively to define testable user stories, especially acceptance criteria, with business analysts developers and stakeholders.
- You will build automated tests or tooling, where appropriate.
- You work to able to diagnose issues and identify fixes for failing automation tests.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Previous testing experience writing and executing test plans, preferably as an embedded tester.
- Experience with manual testing methods and an understanding of how automation can benefit the testing effort.
- Demonstrable knowledge of different technology platforms.
- Demonstrable experience of testing in service oriented architectures and understanding data flow through such systems.
- Demonstrable experience of performing automation testing (e.g. Selenium, Cypress, Applitools, Robot Framework, Appium, BrowserStack, RestAssured, SoapUI, etc.).
- Experience working with version control systems such as git
- Understanding of build and configuration tools such as Jenkins, Buildkite and Puppet/Terraform.
- Experience of working with databases
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how they are applied in software development
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.