FanDuel is looking for DataOps Engineers to join our Data Engineering Organisation in the UK. You will demonstrate passion for building and maintaining highly scalable and available systems used by Data Engineers, capable of efficiently running hundreds of data pipelines at the same time whilst architecting, provisioning and configuring Cloud Architecture to perform the best it can be.
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. We believe we've created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Every weekend, we have a half million of our closest friends over to our place to watch the game and, well maybe, we make a few friendly bets – actually, we usually make about 3 million of them.
Our customers see odds, lines, spreads, play-by-play updates, deposits, and withdrawals.
We see only data, data, data, data, data, and data. Each contest generates tens of millions of individual data points that have to be collected, combined, understood, and acted on. All at the speed of the game.
This is not a sports job. This is a data job.
What you’ll do:
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Data drives our organisation. As a DataOps Engineer at FanDuel, you will help us unlock the full potential of vast amounts of real-time and relational data, provide our business with insight, and delight our customers with a world-class personalised experience.
You will help us turn every click our users make, every bet, every goal, every corner, and every tackle into a real-time stream of knowledge allowing us to make better and faster decisions – outplaying our competition.
- Partner with the engineering teams building our data platform, and other data engineering teams who create ELT pipelines to move data in an accurate, reliable and timely manner for the rest of the organisation to make use of
- Help us provision and maintain infrastructure
- Build automated tools that will organise, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to our stakeholders
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, and lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archiving and retrieval solutions
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers not only in cultivating craftsmanship but also in achieving operational excellence – system reliability, automation, data quality, and cost-efficiency
What you’ll bring:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Ideally, you will come from a DevOps, Data Platform or DataOps Engineering in big data with an automation mindset, however Data Engineering is a rapidly changing field – most of all, we’re looking for someone who enjoys experimenting, keeping their finger on the pulse of current data engineering tools, and always thinking about how to do something better.
The next team member we’re looking for should understand both software and data engineering concepts, with experience in some of the following:
- Understanding, configuring and optimising data lake permissions, preferably in S3
- Configuring and maintaining a data warehouse to the best use of both compute and storage resources
- Experience in setting up roles and permissions using cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Understanding of data ingestion via batch or streaming processes tools and technologies (SNS & SQS, Kafka or Kinesis, Spark and/or Flink)
- Confident provisioning infrastructure via their preferred IaC technology, and setting up monitoring and alerting for said infrastructure
What you’ll get:
We treat our team right
Join an open and collaborative organisation who value and respect each other and are committed to driving real growth. Apply your experience and intellect as part of an autonomous team with end-to-end ownership of key components of our data architecture
- Take advantage of our excellent work/life balance through flexible working hours and unlimited holiday allowance
- Work from our modern technology hubs in Edinburgh or Glasgow or remotely (UK)
- Excellent benefits and bonus program
- The latest technology and hardware provided
- 10% time back to focus on your personal development and advance your career within well-defined, skill-based tracks, either as an individual contributor or as a manager
The requirements listed in our job description are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we’d love to speak with you.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.