FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
We're dedicated to creating a collaborative culture where every Engineer has a real impact. Whether you’re just getting started building small components, or are a highly experienced engineer leading on strategic and complex architectures, we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators, and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others As a Software Engineer working for our Casino vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products as we build out an exciting and innovative customer experience within the fast paced and growing Casino environment. You thrive on technological advancement of the team and always working towards its improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You work in project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers.
- You own parts of product and technology and become subject matter experts.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You help balance customer requirements with the team requirements.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews.
- You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve the team software and processes.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team's software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- You foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way.
- You help recruit and interview for your team.
- You estimate stories/tasks accurately and deliver them in time.
- You mentor and help to develop others.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support.
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, you are; humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate:
- If specialized in backend, proficient in following:
- Writing distributed, highly scalable, and available backend systems & APIs using Java or similar programming languages.
- Proficient working with relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency.
- Familiarity working with RESTful, GraphQL and/or push (Web Sockets) based architectures.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g., Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience in shipping high quality products and services within the Web, Mobile, and/or Connected Devices spaces
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines and stakeholders.
- Experience with testing concepts, test tools, and integrating testing and best practices into the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- You’re passionate about the fast-paced, innovative, and growing Casino industry
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!