ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOX Bet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The VP Technical Accounting position will lead technical accounting research and documentation as well as collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions and initiatives.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Lead technical accounting research and documentation of new accounting guidance, policies, and procedures, specifically as it relates to high interest areas like revenue accounting, stock-based compensation, leases, and equity.
- Collaborate with key business partners on various business transactions and initiatives to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, researched concluded, documented, and communicated to relevant parties formally through accounting memos and informally as appropriate.
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of press releases, and other current reports (8-K) as needed.
- Supervise select Accounting staff in the Finance, Accounting and Reporting Department and lead all aspects of accounting operations including month-end close and annual audit.
- Optimize the close processes, close financials quarterly and ensure company is in a position to operate on as a public company.
- Support the initial Implementation of controls in the financial closing and reporting process and ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Writes, implements and ensures effective and practical implementation of corporate policies.
- Participate in or manage system implementation and other special projects and other accounting and finance responsibilities as required
- Serve on the finance leadership team and collaborate with CFO, SVP Finance and fellow leaders on functional and people priorities. Bring to life the team vision to transform the function with technology and the finance skill sets of the future.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum of 8 years experience in top-tier public accounting firms and/or public company environment.
- A track record working in a consumer facing/high growth tech business (preferable)
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP. Working IFRS knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to stay knowledgeable about, research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- SOX and internal controls experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
- Excellent project managerial and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects required.
- Leadership experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management and communication at all levels within an organization. Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines, create cohesive teams, and respond quickly to management requests.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.