ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Atlanta, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking to add an In-House Counsel to our legal team with 3+ years of experience working at a nationally-recognized law firm or in-house at an internet/technology company to provide legal support for all litigation matters involving FanDuel Group. Reporting to the Director – Litigation, this position will work with many of FanDuel’s business teams.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Handle general litigation, pre-litigation claims, and all related matters as directed by the Director - Litigation.
- Oversee outside counsel in managing all aspects of assigned litigation matters including e-discovery, fact-finding and analysis, witness preparation, depositions, case management conferences, motion practice, and arbitration or trial preparation and presentation.
- Supervise and work with outside counsel on the day-to-day running of matters, overall strategy, written work, and oral advocacy.
- Support the company's strategy for litigation actions.
- Provide overflow support to the legal and business affairs team by reviewing day-to-day commercial agreements such as vendor agreements and NDAs.
- Build close relationships with personnel in different business operations and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of the product of those operations.
- Provide sound business judgment, confidence, a sense of ownership, drive, comfort making tough calls where the answer is not clear, and an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of the internet, technology and media businesses.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- JD from a top tier law school and member of at least one state bar
- Minimum 3 years of litigation experience at a nationally-recognized law firm or internet/technology company
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.