ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As the Senior Director of Data Engineering, you will oversee the Data Platform and Enablement vertical within FanDuel's Data Domain. As leader-of-leaders, you will guide the development and support of multiple data processing platforms essential to business intelligence, machine learning, and real-time decision making.
Your organization provides the production software systems used to store, process, and transmit the massive amount of data generated by our products. These systems automate and orchestrate data flow through our data lake, data warehouse, data science, and business intelligence systems. In addition, your vertical adds value to these systems by offering DevOps, data governance, data observability, and data quality automation services.
In partnership with your management team, you will lead our platform and enablement teams in creating self-service tools using agile software development best practices. These tools allow our data engineering delivery teams to focus on unlocking the value in our data and not tooling.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Work closely with key stakeholders, provide strategic and tactical guidance on operational matters relating to key business projects
- Guide and coach the data platform team to ensure continuous improvement in all areas
- Establish effective end-to-end processes, including budgeting, roadmap, quality, compliance, delivery of data platform tools while supporting a culture of continuous platform evolution
- Ensure the strategy to transform data platforms is evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented, and reviewed in a controlled manner
- Apply strong management practice to all third-party vendors to realize target SLA performance, constantly enhance their offerings, and ensure value for money within all such relationships
- Communicate effectively and build strong, active relationships with senior business leadership
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Leadership – minimum of 10-15 years in leading engineering managers and teams to deliver cutting-edge engineering solutions with significant business impact
- Drive – demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions and optimize performance based on objectives and key results
- Experience – strong knowledge of agile software development, quality assurance, DevOps, continuous delivery, and developing high-performing engineering teams
- Communication – articulates a mission, vision, and values that inspires, energizes, and motivates others; translating mission, vision, and values into tangible business goals with clarity and that incorporate diverse perspectives
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.