ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in Georgia, California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others As a Senior Software Engineer working for our Sportsbook vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products as we build out an exciting and innovative customer experience within the fast paced and growing Sportsbook environment. You will own and become a subject matter expert of areas of your product and technology stack and will be the go to person for those areas. You thrive on technological advancement of the team and always working towards its improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers, balancing customer requirements with the team requirements.
- You own parts of product and technology & build subject matter expertise.
- You write simple and extendable code following standards and best practices. You test your code thoroughly.
- You help your team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews. You estimate stories/tasks accurately and deliver them in time.
- You classify, store, and handle data in accordance with FanDuel policies.
- You track security risks and mitigate and/or escalate them in a timely manner.
- You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions.
- You work to resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team's software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
- You foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way.
- You help recruit for your team, and you mentor others.
- You provide excellent customer support in an on-call rotation where required.
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks.
- Most importantly, you are humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm. You’re responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- If specialized in backend, proficient in following:
- Writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs using Java and/or Python or similar programming languages.
- Proficient working with relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency.
- Familiarity working with RESTful, GraphQL and/or push (Web Sockets) based architectures.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS.
- Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- If specialized in frontend, proficient in following:
- Release process of native apps on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and web apps on production systems.
- Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Experience in shipping high quality products and services within the Web, Mobile, and/or Connected Devices spaces
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines and stakeholders.
- Experience with testing concepts, test tools, and integrating testing and best practices into the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- You’re passionate about the fast-paced, innovative, and growing Sports Betting industry
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.