FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
The goal of the Technical Delivery organization is to own the delivery of critical technical programs that improve the state of our stack and the lives of our engineers. We are not simply facilitators. We bring our technical depth to bear, helping to define complex architecture across multiple verticals, leading technical trade-off discussions, owning the schedule, milestones, and risks for our program, and being the single accountable owner for its successful delivery.
In this role, you will be a leader in the Engineering organization and the owner of a complex technology program. Your focus will be successfully delivering improvements to an existing technology platform or working to achieve a defined program’s goals, working within an Engineering vertical across multiple teams. You will work independently, seeking guidance as needed, to successfully deliver a complex program. To be successful, you’ll need to understand not only the consequences of technology decisions but the larger business context. You will be a subject matter expert for this program, partnering with product, commercial, and engineering to ensure we balance customer experience (quality, depth of features, etc.) with speed of delivery. You’ll work diligently to meet timelines, mitigate risks, and use data to drive your decisions. You’ll make sure you get the right input from Sr. Engineers to make the right decisions.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Own the delivery of a technical program with significant impact across the entire engineering organization
Demonstrate intense ownership for your program, stepping in to own and resolve issues/risks before they impact the program
Provide visibility into the status of the program catered to multiple audiences, both with human perspective and using data
Use your engineering know how, working with Sr. Engineers to identify architectural weakness and pressure-test designs
Serve as a subject matter expert and single point of contact for the program. Grow into your role and be willing to learn
Negotiate for resources and priorities using data and your referent authority
Escalate when necessary appropriately
Balance trade-off decisions between short-term and long-term needs
Actively mentor other TPMs and engineers
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Strong Technical Program Management or Software Engineering Management experience
- Proven track record of ownership and driving/delivering large cross cutting Programs.
- Experience driving out highly complex cross-cutting technology programs that impact multiple organizations
- Demonstrated experience force multiplying across organizations
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Strong engineering ethos. You can independently design complex distributed systems
- Experience in the engineering field with an understanding of how to leverage processes to deliver more effectively - Desirable but not essential.
- Ability to understand and influence architectural concepts such as scaling, robustness, etc.
- Previous TPM experience working with multiple teams in a scaled organization or similar Program Management experience with engineering teams
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build exciting products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.