Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate & experienced technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a Lead Software Engineer working for our Daily Fantasy Sports vertical, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players. You will own and become subject matter experts of areas of product and technology stack and will be the go to person for those areas.
You are considered a technical leader on your team. You work efficiently and routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. Your work focuses on complex, ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives. You take the long term view. You consider where each system is at in its life-cycle and where appropriate, proactively fix architecture deficiencies. You make existing systems simpler (e.g. by consolidating redundant systems, deleting unnecessary code, or removing/updating out of date documentation). You are able to take the lead on large projects that require the work of your team. You know how to divide a software project into parallel work that can be performed by you and other software engineers and then reassembled successfully into a cohesive launch. You enjoy coaching and developing other software engineers' technical skills.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You take ownership of team architecture, providing a system-wide view and design guidance.
- You make things simpler.
- You write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards.
- You drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards.
- You work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams.
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus).
- You actively recruit and help others leverage your expertise, by coaching and mentoring in your organization (or at your location).
- You provide technical assessments for promotion to Sr. SE & Lead SE.
- You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices.
- You ensure your team is stronger because of your presence, but does not require your presence to be successful.
- On-call rotation where required. You provide excellent customer support.
- Most importantly, you are; humble & pragmatic.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience building and designing Highly scalable, Fault tolerant and always available systems.
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architectural principles.
- If specialized in frontend, proficient in following:
- Good grasp on relational, non-relational databases, messaging queues and concurrency.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS. Understating of containers (e.g. Docker), and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. Shell scripts.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel— A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook— America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG— The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing— A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino— Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStarsUS — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.