ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Cloud platform Team at FanDuel is looking for a passionate Lead Devops Engineer to support and enhance Cloud Architecture.
As a Lead Devops Engineer, you will be working with internal stakeholders, engineers, data scientists, cloud platform engineers and other technologists across the business. The position requires the candidate to have experience in cloud architecture, CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code (Iac) and maintaining operational platforms
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You will be leading a growing team who is responsible for developing a robust Cloud platform sitting on AWS architecture, but also harnessing the power of some of the leading industry SaaS offerings.
- Share best practices and guide other engineers while implementing Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- You will collaborate with the Engineering team to help with AWS IAM & Role Management and provisioning AWS resources
- Operational duties to include functions such as governing existing AWS Cloud environment, automation, monitoring metrics, disaster recovery/backup, and capacity planning.
- Ensure all project documentation is created and updated including design, development, and deployment documentation.
- Lead the analysis and implementation of new tools.
- Lead the process of creation and governance of Cloud operational best practices.
- Prioritize and find the most efficient path towards solving complex, ambiguous business problems with data, keeping a mindset of simplicity, robustness, and speed above all
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Solid experience leading initiatives and architecting solutions sitting on Cloud platforms, focusing on security, performance and cost.
- Experience implementing and maintaining cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Buildkite, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Experience with GIT development, deployment, and support of data processes and procedures
- Solid experience with networking, load balancing and working with tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience and expertise in Cloud operational monitoring and administration to provide overall system visibility and observability with Datadog, Cloudwatch and similar tools.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet.
- Ability to automate processes in various script languages, including Python, Perl and Shell.
- Experience working with containerized technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working cross-functionally to roll out and manage large initiatives.
- A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The Lead DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
- A system engineering or developer background with the ability to learn quickly and share your knowledge with the broader team
- A mindset of automate everything, with experience demonstrating this.
- AWS (IAM, S3, Kinesis, KMS, DynamoDB, Cloud Formation, VPC, Lambda, Security Groups, SQS, RDS)
- GitHub, Buildkite, Jenkins
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Apache Airflow, Databricks
- Apache Spark
- Docker, Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS)
- DataDog, Cloudwatch
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.