ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Join a place where innovation, creativity, customer/business focus, continuous improvement, automation and operational objectives are a way of life— and love what you do.
We’re a company that doesn’t stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our technology team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on dynamic projects, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Working with the development team and other engineers/groups, you will strategize delivery and support of various infrastructure across business verticals. You will be charged with providing maintainable and optimized infrastructure stacks in the cloud and data center nationwide working with various managed service providers and internal and externa project teams. You will have an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions.
The person will join with the Information Technology team and will work across various IT functional areas to assist in the definition, implementation, and support of network, system architectures (production and corporate), and process/documentation standardization efforts.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence and quality partner care.
- Participate with internal teams/units for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, response, capacity planning and change request.
- Provide and participate in testing processes for environments, assist in analyzing key metrics for optimal performance delivery.
- Ongoing integration and deployment/delivery pipelines in a release engineering context.
- Performance measurement and tuning methodology for capacity planning and bottleneck hunting.
- Support new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices.
- Deliver IT infrastructure-as-code to insure complete automation.
- Collaborate with existing platform architects on long term and strategic architectural changes to platform.
- Work autonomously actively identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- Be on Pagerduty rotation to provide support (24/7) and expect to be on call including off business hours, holidays, and weekends, as needed
- Provide technical support when needed on designated event days.
- Understand (CI/CD) Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment methodology and experience on managing and utilizing.
- Organize and automate all repeatable works effort
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow FanDuel brands to support concurrent
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Coding infrastructure automation with Terraform or similar.
- BS related field
- 5+ years’ experience; or, MS in CS/CE/EE or related field
- 5+ years’ experience; or, 8+ years of applicable technical experience.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering including operations, management, design, and development of Linux-based systems.
- 1+ year experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Ability to write code in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Go).
- Comfort using Git/Bitbucket for practical configuration data and code management.
- Expertise with cloud compute IaaS/abstracted PaaS solutions (AWS/Google Solutions Architect or equivalent) and hybrid/on-premises private compute environments.
- Knowledge in the following disciplines forms the central pillar of your T-shaped skill set:
- Software defined networking in cloud environments and operation with application load balancing, IPv4 routing and dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), IPsec VPN, and network security best practices.
- Automation framework orchestration, configuration management, and software-defined infrastructure management techniques (SaltStack preferred, others e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc. also acceptable).
- Large scale production UNIX/Linux operating system, application, and security maintenance in an online service provider environment (Ubuntu and Debian GNU/Linux preferred).
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting in the cloud (Amazon AWS and Google Compute Engine).
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, databases and data stores.
- Deep knowledge of service oriented, cloud, and micro service architecture.
- Knowledge of message broker/structures such as RabbitMQ.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.