ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing, real-money daily fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — Best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOX Bet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
We’re looking for a UX writer to join our UX & Design team in our Atlanta office.
What you’ll do
Improve user experiences through copy: Work with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, and others to identify where we can improve user experiences through informative, entertaining, and contextual copy—from UI components to conversational interactions and beyond.
Shape our product voice and tone guidelines: Help raise the bar for all product communication, driving clarity and consistency and further developing our voice and tone guidelines as part of our wider foundational design system.
Strengthen our brand: Work closely with our marketing team to make sure the UX copy you write is consistent with the marketing copy they write. Together you’ll represent the brand, from marketing material to onboarding to ongoing use of our products.
Influence projects from a copy perspective: Bring key stakeholders together and foster relationships around common goals and priorities.
Communicate and collaborate: Frame your decisions with strong rationales, and be prepared to tell a story, articulate insights from UX research, and support decisions firmly but reasonably. Engage in regular, open conversation within cross-functional teams to build trust in and respect for our work.
Execute, test, and iterate: Help ship products at every stage of the process, beyond just handing off copy documents. Work closely with the research, product, and data teams to determine the performance of your work so you can iterate on your copy and improve it over time.
What you’ll bring
You’re a strong writer with 3+ years of experience in UX writing. You have a technical understanding of the writing and the flexibility to offer a range of copy options for any given project.
You’ve contributed to some shipped projects and can demonstrate both independent work and collaboration within those projects.
You have advanced knowledge of spelling and grammar, and knowledge of information hierarchy. You can make advanced and nuanced edits to writing guidelines, including building out new sections and structuring a style guide to accommodate growing and changing needs. You’re developing skills to evangelize UX writing within an organization. You understand how to grasp the full context of flow(s) when writing copy. You have knowledge of design and collaboration platforms, and you can collaborate on user research projects and use findings to drive copy decisions.
You can clearly communicate direction rationale to peers and wider teams.
What to include in your application
- Your resume and any extra relevant info you think we should know
- A brief cover letter that tells us who you are as a writer and why you’re interested in a role at FanDuel
- At least one case study of a real world project. We want to see how you’ve tackled a digital product/UX writing problem and turn insights into actions. If you have a portfolio with multiple case studies, even better. Demonstrate your UX writing skills, product thinking, process, and communication skills. We’ve put together a blog post about what we look for in a case study. If you can’t share a case study with us, please let us know why so we can work something out.
- Any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, or others that you think we should see
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. All our managers are trained with a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential. Your manager will help you use our role-specific career framework to progress and grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a manager. You’ll set development goals which your manager and our Talent team can support you to achieve through advice and a training budget.
- An exciting environment with opportunities for real growth
- A supportive, trusting and open work environment
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- Learning and development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Flexible holiday entitlement
- 401k Match
- Attractive healthcare premiums
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.