FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
We’re looking for a Director to join our UX & Design team in the UK or US East Coast time zones, working on our Casino product.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of the team for our rapidly growing Casino business across a number of key areas. This will include our integrated Casino within the FanDuel sportsbook, our Live Casino product and proposition, and our partnership Casino experiences working closely with product, engineering, commercial and marketing teams to bring great products to market.
You’ll join a fast growing UX & Design team, working on innovative new features and building upon the existing experiences that our customers love, maintaining our best-in-class status.
You’ll be accountable for the overall success of UX & Design in Casino. You’ll provide strategic and tactical leadership to the team, and engage in discovery, exploration and delivery phases. You’ll manage the delivery of key features while also looking to the future. You’ll coach team members in technical and behavioural skills, to get the best out of your team and help them grow. You’ll represent Casino UX & Design at the highest levels within the company when necessary.
You’ll continue improve processes, structures and governance that drive increased value and appreciation of UX & Design both in your vertical and across the company.
You’ll think carefully about the shape of the team and attract top-tier talent through thought leadership and promoting UX & Design at FanDuel externally.
You’ll contribute to UX & Design and Product leadership meetings and contribute to company wide UX & Design initiatives. You’ll organise training, events, and team sessions for the entire UX & Design team.
Your success will be evaluated in terms of the success of your team and long term outcomes.
(When it is safe to do so) you'll travel to our US locations and Cluj, Romania, avergaing around 5 trips per year.
What you bring
You’ll have experience and proven success leading a UX/Design/similar team within a gaming company. You have lead teams in solving hard problems, managed innovative initiatives, and represented your company as an industry leader in UX & Design.
You’ll have an expert level grasp of management practices and tools. You’re recognised as a mentor by not only your team, but by members of the wider team and beyond. You maintain a growing reputation within the UX community.
You can use storytelling and persuasion to connect strategy and vision with day-to-day practicality and are comfortable representing the department at the highest levels within the company when necessary.
What to include in your application
Your resume and any extra info that’s relevant
At least one case study of a real world project. We want to see how you tackle a digital product UX problem and how you have worked with a team to deliver that. Demonstrate your people management, leadership, and UX skills. You can read a blog post about we look for in a case study. If you can’t share a case study with us, please let us know why so we can work something out.
Anything else that you think we should see.
What you’ll get
Beyond working with such a great team? We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. We’ll help you set development goals and use our discipline-specific career framework to grow over time. We have a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential, with in-house training and a development budget.
- Inclusive and collaborative colleagues who value and respect each other.
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions.
- Hall of fame benefits including programs that allow you to share in our success.
- Flexible working and holidays so you can refuel as needed and take the time that suits your values and beliefs.
- Look after your wellbeing with access to a fantastic Employee Assistance Program.
- Go on the road and join your teammates with trips to industry events and visits to our global locations.
- Excellent development opportunities including time for personal development, a career ladder that shows the best ways to progress and a manager that supports you every step of the way.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.