ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win every day and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel Group is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Principal Infrastructure Engineer focused on design and implement enterprise infrastructure for FanDuel. They ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements. Principal Infrastructure Engineer generally provides expert level knowledge to a team and report directly to top management.
You, as a successful and talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. A qualified candidate will provide strong team leadership while developing and managing business processes and workflow, standardizing documentation, and improving project reporting. As a technology leader you will be responsible for the design, definition, implementation, observation, and support of database, architectures and environments. You will need excellent skills and knowledge in this growing organization, pushing constantly for the highest performance and continuous improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Architect, supervise and participate in the implementation of technologies and platforms
- Troubleshoot and remediate 4th level issues impacting the operation of the infrastructure
- Assist with planning and implementing systems and network integrations
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Head and keep a close watch on all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Formulate and affirm custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Watch and trial application performance for potential bottlenecks, recognize possible solutions, and function with developers to carry out those fixes
- Take a role in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Retain redundancy strategies, backup, and security
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence and quality partner care.
- You work autonomously actively driving solutions, projects, and identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- A high degree of focus on quality to build resilient, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- You make decisions based on data and exercise judgment to balance risks and rewards.
- Lead partnerships with internal teams and external business partners.
- Willingness to mentor early career staff, contributing to their development technically and professionally.
- A clear focus on staying up to date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with the network industry, and a desire to remain hands-on.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and customer engagement skills.
- Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in an efficient manner; Collect and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Experience or education suited to this role.
- This position requires a candidate with proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
- Applicants should have experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience with monitoring systems is required for success at this position
- If you're looking for job openings and have solid networking knowledge, you might be a good fit for this position
- If you're looking for job openings and have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks, you might be a good fit for this position
- VMware experience
- vCenter experience highly desired
- Redhat experience
- AWS or AWS Outpost experience a plus.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.