ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Enterprise Platforms Lead Engineer will maintain and monitor an efficient and forward-looking enterprise systems infrastructure that effectively and securely meets the computing, storage, and data communications requirements of Fanduel. Responsible for ensuring a strong information assurance posture by evaluating, implementing, and maintaining vulnerability monitoring, threat assessment, defense implementation, and incident response management systems.
Provide exemplary technical ability Enterprise Platforms team effectively supporting the company in achieving regulatory compliance, operations resilience, business agility, technology innovation and other company interests at the highest possible levels while maintaining high quality customer service in an ever-changing environment. It will be their responsibility to drive the user experience across the enterprise platforms environment. Ensuring the best user experience possible.
Under the guidance of the Enterprise Platforms Manager and IT leadership, will collaborate with key stakeholders to develop SLAs that fulfill objectives and then design and develop the infrastructure to meet those SLAs. Responsible for ensuring that FanDuel makes quality and cost-effective technical choices in equipment, services, and implementations. Provide top tier enterprise systems troubleshooting, incident response, and solution design across the organization.
Ensure broad and current technical awareness by establishing and maintaining technical and professional relationships with appropriate organizations of strategic importance to FanDuel. Employ strong communications and organizational skills to the designing and maintenance of processes and procedures that ensures that timely, actionable and critical information is presented to IT leadership.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- The Lead Platforms engineer will be supervising an agile development group directly responsible for the delivery of new platforms and services. Agile groups will consist of jr engineers, business analysts and other non-technical individuals.
- Lead the mentorship and development of jr engineers.
- Leads are the subject matter experts on most platforms and services throughout FanDuel Group.
- Leads must guide the team through stressful work periods with exceptional leadership skills.
- Must have superior communication skills. Able to translate complex systems to standard business terminology.
- Leads must be self-starters, who require minimal supervision during project work.
- Directly responsible for technical systems, services and architecture of Enterprise IT Platforms.
- Provide and implement technical design and engineering solutions that support a forward-looking enterprise systems architecture that effectively and efficiently meets the computing, storage, security, and data communications requirements across the business.
- Ensure that complex systems and services across the business are designed to efficiently achieve a high level of availability, as defined by IT leadership, in relation to the specific services and business requirements.
- Identifies and implements new technologies for business.
- Leads projects and technical delivery.
- Interfaces internally with cross functional teams and externally with vendors.
- Own and manage high visibility IT projects and projects involving other stakeholders.
- Own, maintain and monitor core on prem and cloud platforms and services.
- Identify infrastructure improvements and projects that will increase the capabilities and quality of service across the workplace.
- Lead in the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of laptops and local services.
- Provide Tier 2 & 3 technical support for all Enterprise Platforms and Services.
- Able to be on call and/or respond to urgent calls 24/7 as part of scheduled response teams.
- Coordinate with the Operations team to maintain a 24/7 systems operation with a rotating On-call schedule for production support issues.
- Uncover, research and educate the team on the newest technologies.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Strategic, current and detailed knowledge of enterprise-class information systems technologies and architectures
- Ability to propose, justify, plan, and bring to closure highly complex and large-scale information technology projects.
- Ability to design and implement change management processes, testing procedures, enterprise systems and network management systems, large scale systems management technologies, service level agreements, and information assurance measures.
- High level of skill in writing strategic documents, policy, and procedures in support of Enterprise systems and services.
- Strong technical knowledge in providing 24/7 support.
- Strong analysis capabilities and skills in structured problem solving.
- Strong program and service delivery skills.
- Deep sense of urgency and ability to identify and achieve quick wins.
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter areas, assess operational maturity, establish KPI’s and metrics and drive towards operational maturity.
- Great communications and collaboration skills.
- Must pass State of Oregon Racing Commission background security check.
- Must pass State Casino Employee background security checks.
- BS in IS/CS/CE/EE or related field and minimum of 5+ years’ experience; or, MS in IS/CS/CE/EE or related field and minimum of 4+ years’ experience; or, minimum of 8 years current experience in enterprise-class design, top tier incident response, strategic technology analysis, and infrastructure implementation.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.